- Fineland Chem
- Issue Time
- Oct 16,2023
Application of organic pigment in offset printing ink.
Application in offset printing ink-Organic pigment
Organic pigment is widely used in offset printing ink.Today we will introduce to you the application of organic pigment in offset printing ink.
The application characteristics of organic pigment in offset printing ink are as follows:
1. Organic pigment should has bright colors and high tinting power, and comply with the spectral characteristics of Y.M.C.
2. Organic pigment should has good media affinity (binder) properties or lipophilicity and dispersion.
3. The pigment should not be separated from the binder and transferred to the water phase to prevent the emulsification of the printing ink. And organic pigment should be free of water-soluble impurities.
4. Pigments should have high light resistance, heat resistance, acid and alkali resistance and solvent resistance. These properties determine whether the print can maintain good color and stability during use.
5. Pigments should have high filling volume. This means that more pigment can be added when making the ink, thereby increasing the saturation and hiding power of the printed color.
6. The oil absorption capacity of the pigment should be moderate. Excessive oil absorption may cause poor fluidity of the ink and affect the printing effect; while too small oil absorption may cause the pigments to be unevenly dispersed in the ink, which will also affect the printing effect.
7. Pigments should have high resistivity. This prevents the printed matter from generating static electricity during the printing process, which can lead to impurities such as toner appearing on the surface of the printed matter.
8. Pigments should have good dispersion properties. This allows the pigment to be evenly distributed in the ink, improving the color saturation and hiding power of the print.
9. Pigments should have lower viscosity and higher transparency. This can improve the leveling and transparency of the printed matter, thereby achieving better printing results.
In addition to the properties mentioned above, organic pigment has some other application properties in offset printing inks.
1. Stability: The pigment should have good chemical stability and not easily react with substances in the surrounding environment to maintain the durability and stability of the printed color.
2. Environmentally friendly: Many organic pigments are biodegradable, which makes them environmentally friendly. In offset printing ink, the use of environmentally friendly organic pigments helps reduce environmental pollution.
3 Adaptability: Organic pigment should be able to adapt to different printing technologies, printing substrates and printing environments. This means that they should have good flow, moderate viscosity and excellent printability to adapt to a variety of different printing needs.
4 Safety: Organic pigment should not be too toxic or irritating to ensure operational safety during the printing process. In addition, printed materials should not cause harm to the human body and the environment during use.
5. Economy: Considering cost and economic benefits, the price of organic pigment should be reasonable, and they should also have good coloring effects and high color durability to reduce the cost of the entire printing process.
The following matters need to be paid attention to when using organic pigment in offset printing ink:
1. Select the appropriate brand and model of organic pigment, and select organic pigment with good properties according to actual needs, such as high tinting power, bright colors and high hiding power.
2. Organic pigment needs to be pre-treated before use, such as pre-mixing, grinding or emulsification, etc., so that they can be better mixed with other materials to make high-quality offset printing ink.
3. The concentration of organic pigment in the ink should not be too high, otherwise the ink may become sticky and affect the printing effect.
4. The storage and use of organic pigment must be well ventilated to avoid moisture and agglomeration. At the same time, pay attention to avoid direct sunlight and high temperature exposure.
5. During the printing process, organic pigment needs to be fully stirred and mixed to ensure that the ingredients in the ink are evenly distributed and improve the printing effect.
6. During the printing process, organic pigment needs to pay attention to controlling parameters such as the pH value and viscosity of the ink to ensure the quality and stability of the printed matter.
7. For some specific printing needs, such as large-area high-color printing or food packaging printing, it is necessary to choose organic pigment with higher color saturation and better hiding power to ensure the printing effect.
It should be noted that different types of organic pigment show different performance characteristics in different ink formulas, so in actual applications, they need to be selected and matched according to specific conditions.
In addition, the environmental protection of organic pigment is also a factor that needs to be considered. Choosing environmentally friendly organic pigment can reduce environmental pollution.
And we have the following hot-saling organic pigment for your choice:
PY12, PY13, PY14, PY17,PY191
PR48:1, PR48:2, PR48:3, PR49:1, PR53:1, PR57:1, PR112, PR122,PR146, PR170 etc.
We are a professional factory that specialize in organic pigment production. If you need any organic pigment, please feel free to contact us---Fineland Chem
Looking forward to your inquiry!